At a certain age, we all start to notice a change on our bodies, with an extra wrinkle here, or an age spot appearing there. However, instead of accepting that it’s just part of growing older, you can take action to stay looking younger.
Unfortunately for many, this means resorting to cosmetic surgery, such as face lifts for instance. In fact, according to research, in 2013, 6,380 people had face/neck lifts within the UK. Of these people, 94% of them were women.
But, there are other, less invasive ways to help keep the ageing process at bay….
Before booking yourself in for surgery, discover some of the non-surgical methods that have fantastic results. They are not only less invasive than plastic surgery, but they are also becoming increasingly popular due to their effectiveness.
Here are some of the top 5 treatments at ProSkin that will help you to look younger for longer:
- Revlite Laser Skin Rejuvenation – This laser treatment will help to rejuvenate your skin and reduce any pigmentation, by stimulating the development of new collagen, resulting in firmer and more youthful looking skin within the treated area. It is ideal for reducing fine lines and wrinkles, restoring your skin after sun damage, removing sun spots, tightening and reducing pore size, and it can even reduce acne and acne scarring. Another similar treatment is Picosure laser revitalisation, which helps to get rid of all kinds of wrinkles on your face, with long-lasting results.
- Laser Hair removal – As you get older, you may see an increase in unwanted hair, including on your face. However, there’s now an easy and effective way to get rid of any unsightly hair, using laser hair removal. This is perfect for your face and body, for men and women of all skin types. The laser’s light energy heats the pigment in the hair follicle, effectively killing it, without damaging the surrounding cell. Treatment will leave you with soft, smooth skin, and long term results. So you can say goodbye to regular shaving or waxing!
- Microdermabrasion – As you get older, you may notice that your skin is losing its glow. Microdermabrasion is a gentle treatment which deeply exfoliates your skin, helping to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, it also helps to stimulate collagen production, which promotes the growth of healthy new cells. Therefore, with this treatment, your natural luminosity will be restored, with immediate results!
- CACI Non-Surgical Facelift – If you’re looking for one key treatment that will help you look younger, then try the CACI non-surgical facelift. It was been awarded as the most effective anti-aging treatment available and it works by toning your facial muscles. This toning tightens your skin to avoid sagging, whilst visibly smoothing away any fine lines and wrinkles! This treatment has become extremely popular, and has been used by many famous faces, including royalty.
- Dermaroller – The dermaroller is also a very popular treatment and can be used to help make your skin look more youthful. It works by using a roller over your skin, which has hundreds of very fine steel needles. This helps to encourage cell renewal and collagen production, for firmer and smoother looking skin. It is perfect for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and even sun damage, scarring and stretch marks. For the best results, we recommend a course of treatments over a period of six months.
As well as non-surgical treatments, there are a number of other options that can help you stay looking young, from eating well, getting enough sleep and stopping smoking:
- Health – Having a healthy diet can help you to feel revitalised and more energetic. Eating your 5 a day will also provide good nutrients to your body for younger, healthier looking skin. Foods such as almonds also help to support healthy skin growth.
- Fitness – Make sure you exercise regularly. It will not only make you feel good, but staying fit, flexible and strong will make you stay looking young and healthy.
- Rest – It can often be difficult to fit eight whole hours of sleep into your busy lives, however, if you don’t get enough, as you get older, it will really start to show. You may notice wrinkles appearing, as well as puffy eyes. It’s also important to find time to relax, as stress can also have an effect on your skin.
- Skincare routine – Don’t go to bed with your makeup on! Make sure you have a thorough skincare routine each day, spending time on cleansing, toning and moisturising. Exfoliation should also be worked into your routine each week, to help get rid of dead skin cells, leaving your skin looking fresh and revitalised.
- Water – Water is important for lots of reasons, however, make sure you drink at least eight cups a day, to keep your skin plump and hydrated.
- SPF– Having too much exposure to the sun, without protection can leave you with age spots and wrinkles. Make sure you always wear a sun cream, so your face and body has protection at all times. To protect yourself from baggy eyes, make sure you have a pair of sunglasses too.
- Stop smoking – Smoking will drastically age you, including your skin. It not only discolours your nails and teeth, but it speeds up the ageing process of your skin and causes wrinkles. If you’re trying to look younger, then stopping smoking should be at the top of your list.
Stay looking younger for longer with a laser treatment, or even a relaxing spa package, leaving you with beautiful, glowing skin. We have a number of different treatments to choose from at ProSkin. Take a look at our full list here.
Or, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team. Call us now on 020 3757 8161, or book a free consultation here.